An auctioneer conducts public auctions among which must be distinguished :
- Voluntary sales at public auctions: this is the case where an owner freely decides to part with his property. The voluntary sale is organized by the provisions of the Civil Code and the Commercial Code resulting from the law of July 10, 2000 and those of July 20, 2011. Note that sales costs in addition to the amount awarded are to be expected, generally around of 20% excluding tax, or 24% including tax.
- Judicial sales by public auction: a sale is said to be judicial when it is provided for by a legal or regulatory text, or when it must be authorized by a judge. Here again, sales costs in addition to the auctioned amount apply, set at 11.90% excluding tax, or 14.28% including tax.
A sale can be qualified as a public auction when it is open to any interested party who wishes to participate, under the sole condition of their solvency. The offers made by each bidder are thus known to the other participants, who retain the possibility of outbidding, the item presented being finally awarded to the highest bidder.
An auction is any bid for a sum of money equal to or greater than the starting price or the bid made by another bidder for the purchase of a thing. The bidder with the highest bid is called the final bidder and is appointed by the successful auctioneer of the property. TheAuctions therefore appear as an objective and automatic method of designating the person of the purchaser and the price.
The purchase order corresponds to a precise maximum amount in euros which the auctioneer is asked to acquire the property. The auctioneer will act in the name and on behalf of the bidder, according to the instructions contained in the purchase order form, in order to try to buy the lot (s) at the lowest possible price and not exceeding, in any case, the maximum amount indicated.
In this way, if your personal or professional obligations prevent you from attending an auction, you can still attempt to acquire a property by first filing a purchase order with the firm. .
How to bid ?
As auctions are "public", they are open to anyone who can bid, that is to say to anyone who is solvent.
The place where the sale takes place is open to everyone. The auctioneer ensures free access to the sale to the public.
The restrictions on participating in auctions are those of common law: non-emancipated minors, protected adults, persons under the influence of drink, etc.
The auctioneer may make participation in the auction subject to prior registration, as well as to the presentation of a payment guarantee, these conditions having to remain objective, non-discriminatory and appropriate.
The price is shouted. The sale takes place in French and the auctions are carried out in euros. The auctioneer directs the operations. He designates the property that is for sale and sets a price out loud. The people present make successive higher and higher propositions. The property is awarded - that is, sold - to the highest bidder.
It is possible to bid by making a simple sign, the sign being immediately translated into a figure by the organizer of the sale who announces it orally.
If it is impossible to attend the sale, it is possible to carry out auctions remotely by means of a written order. To do this, just fill in a a purchase order form with the highest amount you are willing to pay for the artwork..
Once your form is registered, you will receive a confirmation by email.
If you can't attend the sale, it is possible to carry out auctions remotely by means of a written order. To do this, simply fill out a purchase order form.
Once your purchase order has been registered, you will receive confirmation by email. You will then be asked to provide an identity document as well as your bank references.
For some objects of exceptional character and/or value, a guarantee deposit may be required.
If the purchase order is made on behalf of a legal person such as a company, a Kbis extract and the manager's identity document mentioned in this document must be provided to us.
If the auctioneer receives several orders for identical amounts on the same lot and if, during the auction, these orders represent the highest bids, it will be awarded to the bidder whose order was received first. .
No purchase order lower than the low estimate is accepted.
Full contact details must be entered in the form.
If the purchase order has been completed, the bill of sale summarizing the designation of the objects purchased, the amount awarded and the total amount with the fees will be sent no later than 24 hours after the sale (excluding non-working days).
The sending is done to the email filled during the request or, in the absence of it, by postal way.
it is possible to place bids by telephone.
Bidding by telephone lets you take part in the auction without having to be present in the auction room. If you would like to do this you will need to book yourself in as a telephone bidder in advance. Places are available on a first-come-first-served basis. You will also need to fill in a telephone bid form, providing proof of identity and residence and a contact telephone. is the one by which the person asks to be called on the phone during the auction, to make a live auction. To do this, simply fill in a Telephone bid form.
Once your request is registered, you will have the confirmation by email or telephone. You may be required to provide an ID as well as bank details.
For some objects of exceptional character and/or value, a guarantee deposit may be required.
If the purchase order is made on behalf of a legal entity such as a company, you may be required to provide a Kbis extract and the ID of the manager mentioned in this document.
Please note that this is a free service provided by the Auction House that can not be held responsible in case of late request or defective telephone link or in case of any error made in telephone contact.
No telephone bid form for objects whose low estimate is lower than 200 euros is accepted.
If you want to bid on the internet, the Auction House Labarbe uses the platform Interencheres Live. Live sales are broadcast on https://www.interencheres-live.com/. They bring two new services:
- of the live auctions it allows to remotely participate in a real-time auction. From your computer, you can follow the auction fire and the auctioneer's comments during the sale (with sound and video). At any time and with a single click, you can bid as if you were in the room on the lots you want.
- of the secret purchase orders : interencheres-live.com offers a service of secret purchase orders. Secret purchase orders are automatically executed and computerized. Their maximum amounts are not disclosed to the auctioneer. The bidders benefit from the guarantee of a purchase at the fairest price if they win the auction.
If you want to participate in an auction live or deposit a secret purchase order, kindly note that you have to register BEFORE the sale on interencheres-live.com.
Taxes are alway included in the hammer price, but the selling fees are not. Selling fees are a percentage calculated on the total amount of the sales bill. They can cary from one sale to another.
If you bid on the internet, an additional 3-percent fee applies. It pays the subcontractor responsible for organizing the auction live.
The payment of any item is due immediately. spot.
You can pay cashcash in the limit of €1000 with fees for French citizens and up to €15,000 with fees for anybody whose tax domicile is abroad.
The payment can also be made by credit card when the place of the sale allows it. 4% additional fees are charged to purchasers holding foreign cards.
If you bids were placed remotely, payment must be made upon receipt of the sales slip.
You can pay by making an appointment with our accounting department, or use a bank transfer. Please contact us to retrieve our bank details.
For purchases made via the platform interencheres-live.com, the total amount can be debited from the credit card you've used for the registration.
How to pick up your purchase ?
- I'm leaving with my goods on the same day : the staff at the point of sale will give you your goods on presentation of your slip (my invoice) fully paid.
- I can not immediately take away my goods : exceptionally, we can grant you a period of 72 hours to allow you to organize the recovery of your lots. To avoid disappointments, you should find out about the storage location of the object by contacting us beforehand. Your goods will be returned to you on presentation of your slip (my invoice) fully paid.
- I can also mandate the person of my choice to come and collect my goods : in this case you must:
- fill out and send it to the Auction House a withdrawal authorization of the goods by a third person.
- This third person must present a copy of the sale slip fully paid, the withdrawal authorization, and his ID. If the sale slip hasn't been fully paidthis person has to do it at the auction house, in cash up to €1000 with fees or by credit card.
- You pick up your property in person.
The lots can be collected, on presentation of a fully paid slip, at the auction house during normal opening hours, or, if applicable, at another point of sale. To avoid disappointments, it is advisable to find out about the storage location of the object by contacting us beforehand.
- You mandate the person of your choice to pick up your property. In this case, I must:
- Inform the auction house by filling in a withdrawal authorization by a third party.
- This person must present a copy of the receipted slip, the withdrawal authorization, and his identity document. If the sale slip hasn't been fully paid, she will have to pay it on the spot in cash - up to 1000 euros including fees - or by credit card.
To avoid disappointments, it is advisable to find out about the storage location of the object by contacting us beforehand.
- You want to call a carrier.
You are free to use the carrier of your choice. If you do not know of a transport company, we can give you the contact details of a professional. In all cases you must:
- Inform the auction house by filling in a withdrawal authorization goods by a third person
- Transmit to the carrier copy of your receipted slip
- To avoid disappointments, it is advisable to find out about the storage location of the object by contacting us beforehand.
Unless otherwise specified, the property is sent in good condition. The auction house is not liable for any loss or damage. The cost of the transport is the responsability of the purchaser.
- I wish my purchases to be sent by post.
It will be perceived a A price for packaging and shipping amounting to between 5 and 20 euros depending on the weight and volume of the item. Unless otherwise stated, the item is presumed to have been sent to you in good condition, the auction house not being responsible in the event of breakage. The costs and the responsibility of the transport belong to the purchaser. If sending by post, please contact us to send you a quote. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse the packaging service if it seems too delicate to him, taking into account the nature of the object. The transport being carried out under the full responsibility of the purchaser, thank you to inquire with our services in order to know if the batch which you wish to acquire can be dispatched.